Bleach Domination
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bleach Domination

Bleach Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Akatsukimi (Approved)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Miyuki

Akatsukimi (Approved) Empty
PostSubject: Akatsukimi (Approved)   Akatsukimi (Approved) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 1:02 pm

Name: Akatsukimi

Manifestation: A pulse in the dark and a faint, young, female voice.*

Release Phrase: Bleed Akatsukimi

Family: Entropy

Level: Shikai

Sealed Zanpaktou: Shinigami standard with ivory coloring on the tsuka-ito and sageo, and an elaborate Celtic knot type pattern on the tsuba in a variety of (partially tarnished) metals.

Shikai: A yataghan made out of what looks like old bone. There is no visible seperation between the hilt and the blade; from the pommel, to the cross-guard, to the tip the whole sword appears to be carved/formed out of a single piece.

Shikai Ability: "Zantetsuken": cutting only that which is desired to cut; largely passive/latent.
"Yuubi-sa": ability augmentation in terms of agility, dexterity, flexibility, and fluidity of movement; passive.

*NOTE: When bankai is reached, Akatsukimi's manifestation will change to match her bankai form.

Edited to 'finalize' family class

Last edited by Miyuki on Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Sotaicho/admin
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Akatsukimi (Approved)   Akatsukimi (Approved) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 1:18 pm

this doesn't really make sense to me... what does it do? how does it do it? is it similair to any other zan out there. You may have an incredible idea in your head, you just need to communicate it to us.

I understand the visuals of it and they are all fine (:
Back to top Go down
Kokugen

Kokugen

PostSubject: Re: Akatsukimi (Approved)   Akatsukimi (Approved) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 1:29 pm

Do you by chance mean it passively makes you more flexible and able to better move?

As well as passively make your attacks unblockable? (ex, you choose to cut something, it will cut?)

I am hoping to make some sense of it.
Back to top Go down
Miyuki

PostSubject: Re: Akatsukimi (Approved)   Akatsukimi (Approved) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 2:27 pm

The boost to Miyuki's movement is passive and automatic; Miyuki's movement sees the improvement/boost from the moment that shikai is activated.

The cutting ability is not so... universal I guess you could say. Miyuki has to want to cut the object with all her will/soul, and she has to actually hit the target to succeed. But she doesn't have to vocalize it (i.e. say out loud what the target is, or announce the attack with a triggering phrase)

And the way you say it Kokugen, does make sense (at least to me, but then I'm terribly warpped).
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Sotaicho/admin
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Akatsukimi (Approved)   Akatsukimi (Approved) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 2:30 pm

ok thank you for throwing some more light onto it Smile i think i now understand and these both seem fine as abilities
Back to top Go down
Miyuki

PostSubject: Re: Akatsukimi (Approved)   Akatsukimi (Approved) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 2:42 pm

Cool. I'm still working on figuring out her family/class/element - which is more likely to tie into her bankai form than her shikai form.

... and do you think I'm weird for thinking/talking about Akatsukimi as a she rather than an it?
Back to top Go down
Miyuki

PostSubject: Re: Akatsukimi (Approved)   Akatsukimi (Approved) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 5:17 pm

I think I got Akatsuki's family figured out; for the most part anyway.
Back to top Go down
Kokugen

Kokugen

PostSubject: Re: Akatsukimi (Approved)   Akatsukimi (Approved) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 6:24 pm

APPROVED

If you are unsure, and want further editing, please inform me when such is done to it, so it may be checked. Smile

But until then,
Hello and welcome~! ^^
Back to top Go down
Miyuki

PostSubject: Re: Akatsukimi (Approved)   Akatsukimi (Approved) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 6:30 pm

The further editing will come when it's time to start add bankai.
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Sotaicho/admin
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Akatsukimi (Approved)   Akatsukimi (Approved) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 7:07 am

actually. it must have ONE set family. a combination of 3 does not suffice... i struggle to see how this is a time zanpaktou

Please specify. death or destruction is fine i feel
Back to top Go down
Miyuki

PostSubject: Re: Akatsukimi (Approved)   Akatsukimi (Approved) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 7:50 am

I'm kinda waffling between it being Time and Destruction; I'm just not sure which one of those two fits best (either of which won't become evident until Miyuki reaches bankai, which is still a ways off).

To be honest, I've never thought about zanpakuto and elemental affinities/families (with exceptions for elemental blades like tohsiro's) so I never designed Akatsukimi with one in mind; she just evolved the way she evolved because it felt right for me to have her that way.
Back to top Go down
Miyuki

PostSubject: Re: Akatsukimi (Approved)   Akatsukimi (Approved) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 10:16 pm

Edited to finally finalize an elemental family. Kicking self for not thinking of it earlier.
Back to top Go down
Miyuki

PostSubject: Re: Akatsukimi (Approved)   Akatsukimi (Approved) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 1:10 pm

Umm... is Akatsukimi approved? Or do I need to do more work with/on her?
Back to top Go down
Zafaron Uriuc

Zafaron Uriuc

PostSubject: Re: Akatsukimi (Approved)   Akatsukimi (Approved) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 1:16 pm

You never put your three techniques. Create some and it will be approved.
Back to top Go down
Miyuki

PostSubject: Re: Akatsukimi (Approved)   Akatsukimi (Approved) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 1:50 pm

Right now the third technique's slated for her bankai release; and it's a bit of a doozy as far as techniques go.
Back to top Go down
Zafaron Uriuc

Zafaron Uriuc

PostSubject: Re: Akatsukimi (Approved)   Akatsukimi (Approved) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 5:20 pm

Then I am a little confused. Do you consider Zantetsuken and Yuubi-Sa as techniques? Because if so then you need to give them cooldowns and durations. But if you consider them abilities, something you don't need to actually order it to do and just happens naturally, then you can have more actual techniques.

But if you want to save one for Bankai Release that is fine, just want to figure out what is a technique and what isn't.
Back to top Go down
Miyuki

PostSubject: Re: Akatsukimi (Approved)   Akatsukimi (Approved) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 5:46 pm

I think that it is becoming clear that there is a fundamental flaw in Akatsukimi's design. One that is leading me to believe that maybe Akatsukimi and Miyuki are not a good match for this RPG, because I can't imagine Akatsukimi being anything other than what she is.

When I originally created Akatsukimi, it was for a really weird Buffy the Vampire Slayer thing. There, Akatsukimi's main gig was the fact that she could kill any demon without Miyuki having to track down whatever specialized material was needed to kill the bad at hand; Miyu stabbed a vampire in the heart with Akatsukimi and it went poof, while at the same time burning an elf/fae/brownie/whatever as if it was made out of cold iron. The best translation I could come up with for that was Zantentsuken. And while Miyuki's always been a good fighter, once she brings Akatsukimi out in shikai she becomes just that bit better automatically; without Miyuki having to even think about that. And how do you figure out a cool down for something like that?

I don't know of any non-passive attack or defense for Akatsukimi that would keep her as Akatsukimi, and if that makes her ineligible, than I'll just quietly resign from the RPG. Sometimes a character just doesn't work out, and you move on; that's the way these things just go.
Back to top Go down
Zafaron Uriuc

Zafaron Uriuc

PostSubject: Re: Akatsukimi (Approved)   Akatsukimi (Approved) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 6:07 pm

Hold on, lets not be so hasty. If those are its abilities then that is fine. You don't NEED techniques. Most people just create them to give themselves an easier time at things. Techniques make it easier to win battles and have more options while roleplaying. If you just want to have the two abilities and save techniques for Bankai, that is fine.

And since that is what you want, your zanpakuto is completely approved.
Back to top Go down
Zafaron Uriuc

Zafaron Uriuc

PostSubject: Re: Akatsukimi (Approved)   Akatsukimi (Approved) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 12:15 am

Hey Miyuki. Just jumping around the site trying to contact the former members of the site that didn't make the switch to mine. I was wondering if you still have any interest in Bleach Roleplays. If you do, then you should join my site. The plot is going to really be opening up soon and we still have spots open so you can quickly jump into the action.

http://bleach-awakening.forummotion.com/forum.htm

If you are interested, you should join. Its a lot of fun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Akatsukimi (Approved)   Akatsukimi (Approved) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Akatsukimi (Approved)
Page 1 of 1